Sunday, 22 July 2007

Having a shower

Yes I know, I havent blogged for a while. So sorry ;-)
Decided tonight I should really shower...we're parked at a CL site in the UK, near Bristol, in a town called Weston..on the way to Bath... anyway, this CL has a small shower/toilet block, so I decided I would feed the gas burner machine with 10pence coins and enjoy myself, so I tried creeping out the van, about 11pm, with M still sitting in the front seat doing some work...I had to move her washing line contraption we bought today, which fits perfectly into the shower section of the van, but for varying reasons was tonight blocking the front door, so I moved it outside for a few secs so I could get to the showers......crept out the van in the pitch black of night and made it 10metres, before a motion detector lit the entire campsite in halogen lights, with me caught in the beams with big eyes...anyway, nothing to do but carry on another 10m, into the dark shadows until once again, whoosh....detected and more lights..... I decided to make a go of it, and endured another 2 detector sessions, and finally got into the toilet block, got undressed (censor-ed here), fed the machine 10p, and jumped into the shower....fiddled with the knobs until I had a lovely stream of hot water...shoved some shampoo in my hair, and.....brrrRRRRRRRRRRRR, ice COLD water shot out and caught me against the wall..no where to run, I screamed...GOD HELP ME.....and switched the %^&*()**)) shower off...wondering, what to do...quickly decided to shove in more 10p before I froze to death......switched the shower back on, and HOORAY, got some hot water once again...this time I shoved on some shaving cream, and shaved at the same time as rinsing the shampoo..just in time to catch the next wave of cold water, which I avoided...ha! ....got dressed, feeling quite pleased with myself...opened the toilet block door, and peered out into the darkness...it hadnt detected me yet..."right I thought....here we go...perestroica....I stepped forth...missed the top step completely in the darkness and ended up spralled on the slippery cobbled English garden path, with my shaving cream rolling down the path to the CL owners kitchen door....and as the lights all came on at once, I shouted into the night...GOD HELP ME.... trying to catch the shampoo bottle. As I picked up all the bits and pieces, I suddenly remembered....I had left M's rack of washing, outside the camper standing in the rain...GOD HELP ME, I thought...ran back and tried to get it back in without her seeing me ;-)

It's been fun. Will write again soon.
D

3 comments:

Marina said...

Moral of the story:
SHOWER EARLIER

Anonymous said...

Don't know how to comment under my name again, but you'll know its me. Enjoyed that, havent laughed so much in a long time. You really should think about writing as a career Dean, you'd make a killing. Hope you're not venturing up north anytime soon (with all the flooding there)... anyway, keep updating your blog, I need the humour. Love Wendy

Reverend said...

'ello, we 'ave not 'eard from ewe for sum thyme. Speeek to uz pleez. Best regardz. Padre