Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Hello again to our family and friends. For those of you who have read the blog before this one, you will know how happy I was to leave London. We are now back to seeing sheep and horses as we travel and we love it but I'm jumping the gun now, so let me rewind a bit.

When we left London, we spent a night who knows where, I can't remember now but then we headed for Bedfordshire to see Gavin and Glenda. We had a lovely relaxing time, did absolutely nothing except eat and chat. Thanks Gavin and Glenda for hosting us, we had a wonderful time and were able to be rejuvinated! The boys of course also had a lovely time.

On Monday morning we left Bedford and for the next 2 nights meandered our way through Faringdon, Aylesbury and a teeny weeny place called Aust. While in Aylesbury we took a walk along one of their canals and took a few peeks into some canal boats - some of them really needed some work done on them but on the whole they look like they could be fun to live in. Much bigger than a motorhome! Aust was a little place just before reaching Wales. To get into Wales we had to cross the Severn Brige - with a toll charge of 5 pounds 10p.

Today, we took a walk around Carphaelly town centre and had our lunch sitting in a park opposite an absolutely beautiful castle. Besides the Cliffs of Dover and The Lake District, this was one of the most beautiful places we have sat and had some lunch. Afterwards we decided to walk around the town a bit and came across a costume shop. WOW! I wish they had one of these in Durban. I would spend hours in it. The owner allowed me to try on two wigs - one a redhead and the other blonde - well I must say that being a brunette definitely suits me better and all the boys agreed. I would have loved to have bought something to bring home but it was rather costly, but as I was leaving the owner did give me a pair of Playboy bunny ears - which Dean was quite chuffed about - ha ha!!!

We have been driving for a while now and have entered an area called Barry but we are a bit lost. We told the farmer we'd be there by 7pm. Well it's 7pm on the dot now so we're late! We are stopping at a Pizza Hut to ask directions (wish we were buying pizza)!

ok...Dean taking over this post. M is in the pizza place asking for directions. Watch this space:)

1 comment:

Marina said...

Well if I know the boys they eagerly awaited her exit from the Pizza hut to see if they were getting any treats, but if I know my sister that was a no go.