Sunday, 16 September 2007

Where is everyone???

Well judging by the "Buzz"in Barry, I somehow don't think it's namesake could have been a very interesting person. There was NOTHING going on in Barry. On our way out, we did happen to see a lighthouse that we thought we could walk to. So we all hopped out the van and made our way down the path to a very gorgeous beach BUT unfortunately there was a huge gate that was bolted locked so we couldn't walk to the lighthouse.

We decided to leave Barry and made our way to Swansea - not much happening there either. So on we travelled to Cross Hands where we camped near an absolutely beautiful lake. It's the first time I had ever seen anyone flyfishing and it was so graceful to watch - well that is until the 3 boys ran along the bridge and proceeded to chase the fish away.

The next morning while the guys were still in dreamland, I decided to go onto the internet to see where we were supposed to be going for the day. Dean had seen a poster about a "Roman"Theme day in a little town so I wanted to see how to get there but then I discovered that it was on the Sunday not the Saturday so for the next 45 minutes or so I scoured the internet looking for something to do and I found a goldmine. An airshow in Swansea of all places! So we packed up the van and headed for Swansea Bay and we had an absolutely awesome time. For the first part of the morning the boys played on the beach and rode their bikes on the beach. The tide was far out so Dean and the boys walked way out, got some stunning photos to prove it. The first item in the airshow was a Jet. Well this absolutely blew us away, it was almost majestic to watch (hope that's an okay word to use) and the noise was deafening but we absolutely loved it. Then we took a walk along the beach promenade for quite some time and found our spot on the grass. The next event were the "Red Arrows"- these were not as noisy but they were magnificent to watch as they trailed their coloured smoke behind them. I can only imagine that to fly one of those birds must be an absolutely awesome thing to do.

Later in the afternoon we had to drive to our next stop which took us to Harverfordwest and a place to stay. Got there at about 8:30pm so we were all eager to lock down the hatches and go to sleep. We had no internet and no tv so climbed under the covers and had an early night - well we tried but with Tanner's constant chatting that was a bit difficult. The conversation got a bit tricky when Tanner asked howcome all our surnames are Squire, Dean's response was mom and dad made you so now you're all Squires. Now I'm listening to this thinking, DEAN don't go there!!!!! Tanner is quite for a few seconds and says "but D - a - d.... what did you mean when you said "You and mom made us?"... I was sleeping up in the top bunk and was sniggering to myself. His very adult answer was ...Ï'll tell you when you're 13". Chicken!!!!!!!!

This morning we decided to not go to the Roman Theme day but rather meandered our way further up the west coast of Wales. I am so glad we did this, we stopped in the harbour of Milford Haven and had our breakfast there while the boys did schoolwork, but there was nobody around. What a sleepy little town! I finally discovered where everyone was when we found a good old trusted Tesco (Our equivalent to Pick n Pay) and asked someone where a laundromat was. Now Tesco was buzzing! I was told where to go but that the laundromat would most definitely be closed today. Now I ask myself - don't people who work all week need to do their washing on a Sunday!

Anyway, although we intend on Free Camping tonight at the harbour (i.e. staying somewhere but not paying), we thought there must be something else to see so off we set. We headed towards "Broad Haven"- I must say I wasn't expecting too much but the road to get here was stunning. The roads were VERY narrow and thus VERY scary and were lined with very tall hedges, so it constantly felt like we were driving through a maze. This scenic drive led us to Broad Haven and this is where I sit right now.

We have had a lunch of Fish & Chips (yup, I know, that's not going to help the waistline at all!), and Dean has bought the boys kites. We have been waiting patiently for the rain to let up so the boys have been tackling their maths for a while but Dean has just announced that the rain has stopped and we're going to fly the kites. Unfortunately B.O.J. (Bundle Of Joy) No. 3 has fallen asleep so that leaves Dean to go fly kites and me in the van writing to you.

My blog writing has just been interrupted by Dean who says,"Bring you camera, you have to see this - there is someone riding a horse on the beach". At this moment in time, I don't know if I am more envious of the gorgeous modern camper van that has just driven out this parking lot or the freedom of riding a horse on the beach with no-one around........

Chat soon :)

3 comments:

Marina said...

You forgot to put there NAKED...... riding on the beach on a horse with no one else around. Oh forgot that is my fantasy, ooooops!!! haha

Marina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi friend How are You ? I like your post and i want to stumble it for my friend but i cant see your social bookmark widget in this blog. Please help me admin Thank You Steven