Monday, 18 June 2007

2 nights to go:

Well, this is nearly it. 2 nights to go and we leave Durban, South Africa, for a 6hr drive to Johannesburg International Airport. (It's now called Oliver Tambo airport, but I like the old name..seemed to make more sense...at least you knew what city the airport was in...remind me to tell everyone about the Munich international airport that simply disappeared when we travelled in Germany 10yrs ago. It wasnt where the map said it should be.) Getting ourselves to the Johannesburg International Airport, with the wife, 3kids, 500 suitcases, prams, and the kitchen sink, is a story on its own. God help us. God help the customs guy who has to deal with us. God help the motorhome that has to ferry us around Europe for a few months. God help the UK and French drivers. God help my wife if she tells me my driving is bad. :) In South Africa we drive on the left hand side of the road. In Europe, it's on the right...in a left hand vehicle. In the UK, we will have a left hand vehicle (we have bought a second hand camper van in Amsterdam) , but will be driving on the left again...but in a left hand vehicle.....I do so hope you are following this... ;-) . Anyway...one day before we are set to leave, I finally got to blogger.com and created this blog. I'll send the url to all our friends, family, and others, and hope it serves the purpose of telling everyone where we are, where we are going, and whether they should send money. I heard today someguy just got back from Europe, and he had paid R50 for a cup of coffee. I decided the best thing would be for us to make coffee in our motorhome, and sell it...ha ha.

4 comments:

mccoy said...

Hi Dean and Family

Good Luck with tyour travesl. You are going to have a gtreat time.

Regards

brent And Family

mccoy said...

Should have used my spell check.

Reverend said...

Aaaaaaahhhhhh!

Do you have to go???

cf

mccoy said...

HI dean

What's happening? Where are you? What are you guys up to? Are you still in SA?

Brent